HIVE PRIVACY NOTICE
Effective Date: 20th October 2021
HIVE is a digital hospitality and customer engagement program for exploring UPS content through 3D and digital experiences. The HIVE by UPS (“The Experience”) aims to offer new ways of interacting with UPS, and complement physical events to broaden their outreach. The Experience supports the Expo 2020 Dubai operating on a hybrid digital-physical model, and other venues and products that link to this privacy notice. The Experience is brought to you by UPS (“we”, “us”, “our”). We are keen for you to understand how we use your personal information. The Experience privacy notice supplements the UPS privacy notice available at https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-center/legal-terms-conditions/privacy-notice.page (“UPS Privacy Notice”). Topics that are not addressed and terms that are not defined specifically in this privacy notice are addressed and should be interpreted as in the UPS Privacy Notice.
Information We Obtain
This privacy notice applies to where you visit or otherwise interact with The Experience and its associated features, including 2D and 3D environments, websites, social media, widgets and mobile apps. During your time using The Experience we obtain the following personal information about you:
- Information provided in response to surveys and opinions.
- Individual and business contact information: First and last name, company name, physical address, country, email address and telephone or fax number.
- Profession, employment, and industry: occupation/title, industry type/sector, and involvement in logistics and business innovation activities.
- Social media handles, content and other data posted on our official social media pages or elsewhere on the Internet (such as other public locations), and information (such as email address and other information you allow to be shared) we obtain through UPS-related social media apps, tools, widgets, and plug-ins.
- Other information that may be provided to us in relation to The Experience, such as requests and queries you submit to us, such as through online forms, feedback, and helpdesk services.
We obtain this information directly from you, for example when you fill out a contact form or interact with the My Logistics Innovation zone. We may also obtain it from other sources, such as conference and venues organizers consistent with applicable law.
How we use the information we obtain
We may use the personal information we obtain for the following purposes:
- Providing the functionality of The Experience and fulfilling your requests.
- Provide you with the functionality of The Experience, such as enabling you to request a call back, visits or more information, or submit feedback.
- Provide customer support and respond to and communicate with you about your requests, questions, and comments.
- Process claims we receive in connection with The Experience.
- Facilitating social sharing: Enable you to post on our blogs and interact with us through social media.
- Aggregating and/or anonymizing personal information: We may aggregate and/or anonymize personal information so that it will no longer be considered personal information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose, as it no longer identifies you or any other individual.
- Accomplishing our business purposes.
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business, including enhancing or developing products and services, and managing our communications.
- Protect against, identify, and prevent fraud and other illegal activity and other liabilities.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies.
- Establish, exercise, and defend legal claims.
|Type||Name||Purpose||Persistent of session||1st or 3rd party|
|Strictly Necessary||CC||Storing your preference of cookie consent.||Persistent||Set by The Experience|
|Functional||RL||Storing your preference of language.||Persistent||Set by The Experience|
|Strictly Necessary||WURFLJS_CACHE||Detecting device using The Experience to determine optimal performance.||Session||Set by The Experience|
|Analytics||_GA||Analytical cookie set by Google Analytics.||Session||Set by Google, Inc.|
The Experience, at this time, does not use interest-based advertising cookies.
Information We Share
We do not sell or otherwise share personal information about you, except as described in this privacy notice. We share personal information with third parties that perform services on our behalf based on our instructions, including organizations that:
- Help administer The Experience, such as 1920 Worldwide for the Expo 2020 Dubai.
- Host information, such as Nimbus Hosting who hosts information for The Experience’s operations regarding the Expo 2020 Dubai.
- Assist us with fraud prevention.
- Provide information technology and related infrastructure services.
- Provide other services to support The Experience and UPS, such as customer service, email or message delivery, helpdesk features such as chatbots, auditing or consultancy services.
These third parties are not authorized by us to use or disclose the personal information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We also may share the personal information we obtain with our affiliates, franchisees, and other parties as set out further in the UPS Privacy Notice. We may also disclose personal information about you for the purposes identified in the UPS Privacy Notice.
Your Options; Access and Correction; Data Transfers; How We Protect Personal Information; Updates To Our Privacy Notice; and How To Contact Us
Please refer to the UPS Privacy Notice.
Additional Notice for California Consumers
UPS: Privacy Notice – EEAUK Addendum If you are a resident of the European Economic Area ("EEA") or UK, the following additional EEA/UK-specific provisions apply to our processing of your personal information. For EEA/UK residents, the provisions of this EEA/UK Addendum prevail over conflicting provisions in this privacy notice.
Relevant Data Controller In addition to United Parcel Service, Inc., our subsidiaries, and affiliates located in the EEA/UK collect personal information. The relevant data controller for your personal information is the UPS entity listed for the country you reside in according to the following list: UPS Data Controllers.
Information We Obtain
Please refer to the section on Information We Obtain above in this privacy notice.
How We Use The Information We Obtain (legal basis)
In relation to the purposes set out in the section above on How We Use The Information We Obtain in this privacy notice, we use the following legal bases:
- Providing the functionality of The Experience and fulfilling your requests: We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Facilitating social sharing: We will engage in this activity with your consent or where we have a legitimate interest.
- Aggregating and/or anonymizing personal information: We will engage in this activity where we have a legitimate interest.
- Accomplishing our business purposes: We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or based on our legitimate interest.
If we request your consent, we will inform you of the intended purposes for which your information will be processed. Please note that if you choose to withdraw your consent, you may not be able to participate in or benefit from our services and initiatives for which you provided consent. We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Your personal information will not be stored for longer than necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or as required under applicable retention policies and/or in accordance with applicable law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide The Experience to you (for example, for as long as you keep using The Experience);
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records for a certain period before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable considering our legal position (such as regarding applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations).
International Data Transfers; and Your Personal Information Rights
Please refer to the UPS Privacy Notice.